I feel a lot of guilt when I don’t post here for awhile.
So let’s not talk about it.
Instead, let’s focus on summer. The weather is warm. The sun is out. My garden is in full and bountiful bloom. I’ve also made the grand transition from winter squash-based recipes to summer squash-based recipes.
Things are happening, people.
There is no squash in this recipe. Shocker! But there is deliciousness that tastes like summer! I don’t really ask for more than that.
What You Need:
- 1 can (14 oz.) black beans, drained and rinsed thoroughly
- 2 cups corn kernals (I used bagged, frozen ones)
- 4 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 small jalapeno, chopped (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp cumin
- 1/4 tbsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup fresh feta cheese crumbles
What You Do:
Mix the beans through the salt in a large bowl, making sure to thoroughly combine so the lime juice and olive oil are well integrated.
Chill for about 30 minutes in the refrigerator before serving.
Scoop into bowls and top with crumbled feta. I served mine with a hot Italian sausage. Delish.