Something very cool has interrupted my mundane afternoon of work and contemplation of whether to eat the second half of a large cookie I bought earlier.
Joanna at FoodGurly.com has nominated my tiny start-up blog for the Liebster Award!
This award is designed to be passed around to spread blog love and draw attention to blogs that don’t have a lot of followers. Needless to say I am just touched AND super excited for the nomination! Joanna’s blog is awesome and a really perfect go-to place for gluten-free recipes that I have already used on more than one occasion, most recently to make these GF chocolate chip cookies. (They were amazing).
So this award means I get to answer some fun questions AND give some random facts about myself AND pass on the love to other awesome and deserving blogs/bloggers!
Here they are – I hope you enjoy learning a little bit more about me!
- If you could be a fruit, what would you be? Why? A peach. They’re the tastiest fruit, they just scream “summertime” and I love saying, “You’re a peach!” to people.
- Sweet or Savory? Definitely sweet. I always joke that instead of having a sweet tooth I have sweet teeth.
- When you go to a new restaurant, do you order ‘the same old thing’ off the menu or do you try something new? It’s hard for me to try new foods out! I like to stick to what I know is good and save the experimenting for my kitchen.
- Beef of Chicken? Neither – if I have to eat meat, I choose turkey. But only rarely.
- Would you rather have a night on the town or a romantic evening in? A night out on the town! Especially if it includes dancing.
- Ice Cream or Sherbet? Ice Cream. I love all of the flavors (even though I can never choose just one) and it’s a good excuse to eat candy, sprinkles and chocolate sauce all at the same time.
- What is your least favorite household chore? Cleaning the bathroom for sure. Thank goodness for the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser.
- Cake or Pie? PIE!! Especially strawberry rhubarb!
- Do you think a person can change (i.e. Do you believe the old saying: Once a cheater always a cheater?) I have to say yes because I know people who have.
- Butter or Margarine? Butter all the way. Can’t beat it. (Well, you can…har har)
Some facts about me in no particular order:
- I ran my first marathon in 2013 (Vermont City in Burlington) and have been hooked on distance running ever since.
- I have a younger brother who in 2011 rode his bicycle across the country from Boston to Oregon by himself. I admire him so much.
- I haven’t owned a microwave in 6 years and have no plans to buy one.
- I was the mascot (Wild E Cat) for my college, the University of New Hampshire, for a few games each year.
- I am ADDICTED to Tic Tacs and eat them by the pack in a matter of minutes. When I was little I stole a pack of the orange ones from our local Stop and Shop. My mom found them and made me bring them back and apologize.
- I got married in September 2012. Mike inspires me every day to try new things.
- I love owls and will buy just about anything if it has an owl on it.
- I wanted to be a famous actress when I was younger and went to college for theatre performance until I realized I liked writing better – then I became a journalist.
- I am a Run Commuter – I run to and from work!
- I love the blogging community and all of the people I am meeting by having started a blog! I couldn’t be more excited!
Now I get to pass on the love and nominate some other awesome blogs, which have to answer the questions below and provide some fun facts about themselves – and then nominate other blogs to do this, and so on and so forth 😀
- Dark Chocolate or White Chocolate?
- Who inspires you in your life?
- If you could have one super power, what would it be?
- What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast?
- Do you like going to the movies, or waiting for movies to come out on DVD?
- What is one place you have never been but really want to go?
- Eggs with ketchup or without?
- Do you have a “guilty pleasure” tv show?
- What is your favorite vacation spot?
- Would you prefer to live near the ocean, or the mountains?